Usui Reiki Level I training and attunement at Raja Yoga Lund with Laurika Bretherton. Reiki is a Japanese technique that reduces stress, helps the body to relax and promotes healing. It works through the palms of the therapist’s hands and is based on the idea that an unseen life force energy flows through us and it is this energy that keeps us alive. If our life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more able to be happy and healthy.
Reiki works on the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.
What the students will learn
- The history, nature and science of Reiki
- The 5 Reiki Principles
- Ways of using Reiki including on animals, plants and food
- About attunements
- About ethics and permission
- About energy healing
- The human energy field and chakras
- Importance of self-healing
- Meditation and visualisation
- Receive a Reiki Level 1 Attunement
- Learn all traditional hand positions
- Practice giving Reiki treatments to others and self
- Learn how to incorporate Reiki in your daily life
- Practice practice practice
Laurika is a writer, artist and energy worker. A South African by birth, she’s lived in Namibia, USA, the UK and Sweden. Laurika has been a Reiki Practitioner since 2002 and a Reiki Master Teacher since 2005. She also holds a BA degree in Psychology and Sociology from the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa. She provides regular Reiki treatments and meditation classes at Raja Yoga Lund.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Sociology from the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth South Africa (1994)
- Usui Reiki I and II with Reiki teacher Laurelle Gaia. Laurelle is one of the founders of The International Center for Reiki Training. (2002)
- Volunteered at an animal shelter in Chicago, Illinois, working directly with the animals – cleaning cages, taking them for walks, feeding them and sharing Reiki with them. (2002)
- Usui Reiki Master / Teacher in 2005 with Reiki teacher Amanda Lamprecht. (2005)
- Animal communication workshop with Amelia Kinkade (2006)
- Active listening skills training in order to volunteer at UK Suicide helpline, The Samaritans (2006-2008).
- Offered emotional support to prisoners at a London’s Wandsworth Prison (2008).
- Dolphin Reiki Attunement with Linda Horton (2013)
- Animal Reiki Practitioner Certification with Lisa Powers (2016)
- Crystal Reiki Master / Teacher with Lisa Powers (2017)
Time & Date: Saturday-Sunday 8-9 July 2017, 10-17.30
Teacher: Laurika Bretherton
Tuition Fee: 2500 SEK
Included: A Reiki Level 1 Practitioner Certificate as well as a pdf Reiki Level 1 manual are included in the fee.
Registration: To register for the training please fill out the form below.
Good to know: Reiki is approved as wellness by the Tax Agency in Sweden, which means you can get contributions from your employer.
Please note that this class will be presented in English.